Transformed in Love
seeks to address the whole human person; body and soul (including intellect and will) and integrates both human and spiritual formation throughout the program. A specific topic may focus more on either human or spiritual formation; however, underpinning each topic is an integrated understanding of the whole human person.
The program begins primarily with human formation to provide the couples with practical relevant tools and information on a natural, relational level. As the program progresses, religious concepts are introduced in an effort to build the supernatural upon the natural—grace building upon nature.
In order to establish and then maintain a successful marriage, Transformed in Love: Building Your Catholic Marriage
proposes that couples need to:
1. be wise;
2. be true;
3. be skilled; and
4. be faithful.
The program concludes by proposing that couples also need to
5. be transformed in love (by God’s grace).
To help the engaged couples do these things, Transformed in Love: Building Your Catholic Marriage includes more catechesis and content than other marriage preparation programs typically cover. Witness presentations are crafted by team members to illustrate specific content.
Transformed in Love: Building Your Catholic Marriage provides couples with an understanding of both the natural and the sacramental nature of marriage, uses underpinnings of Theology of the Body and implements Catholic teaching on marriage along with the main themes of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Pastoral letter, Marriage, Love and Life in the Divine Plan.
Transformed in Love: Building Your Catholic Marriage
seeks to provide engaged couples with practical concrete skills to maintain love over a lifetime.
The following skills are covered in Transformed in Love:
- TLC (Talking, Listening, Checking) Communication Skill
- 7 Principles of Effective Communication
- Problem Solution Worksheet
- 5 Steps to Managing Expectations
- 5 Financial Recommendations
- 8 Spiritual Practices for Marriage and Family Life
- Human Fertility and Natural Family Planning
- Suggestions for Establishing Healthy Boundaries
- Suggestions for Communicating Love Daily, Weekly and Annually
- Suggestions for Persevering in Love
Top 10 Reasons for Adopting Transformed in Love as Your Marriage Preparation Program
- Evangelizing tool—Connects both team members and engaged couples with the faith and strengthens their
relationship with the Church.
- Practical—Provides couples with an understanding of the sacramental nature of marriage, practical
communication and relationship skills.
- Pastoral—Addresses “hard topics” with pastoral sensitivity and solid catechesis.
- Tested—Field tested 20 times with over 850 participants.
- Easy to use—No training required! Transformed in Love is a comprehensive “teach-out-of-the-box”
program that provides team leaders with step-by-step instructions and electronic visuals for running
- Contemporary—Helps couples build a loving marriage amid today’s cultural attitudes toward
marriage and family life.
- Credible—Meets the expectations of various church leaders, lay volunteers, and engaged couples!
Over 40 highly qualified individuals contributed to the development of Transformed in Love: a
bishop and judicial vicar, as well as canon lawyers, theologians, psychologists, priests, deacons,
religious sisters, and married couples.
- Catholic—Reviews Catholic teaching on marriage along with the main themes of the United States
Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Pastoral letter, Marriage, Love, and Life in the Divine Plan.
Transformed in Love is a great tool for the New Evangelization of the next generation of marriages
- Holistic—Uses an approach to teaching marriage preparation that addresses the whole person: body,
soul, intellect, and will.
- Flexible—Offers a variety of teaching formats: two, four, or six session options, or a single weekend